Finished another pair of summer dresses today.
Different fabric, but same style as the first pair which
I posted pictures of here. The point of the summer dresses
is not to create a whole line of varied styles but to
mass-produce as many as I can before the summer is over.
No point wearing spaghetti-strap anythings in the winter,
I say. I have fabric to make just one more pair of these
simple dresses before finally moving on to a different pattern.
And by then it will be Halloween and I'll need to
bring out the fleece and make costumes instead!
An attempt at variation:
The highlight of my short sewing hour* this afternoon
was finally producing a decent blind stitch.
Sheer laziness was the impetus. I mean, I'd known
for a long time that the sewing machine was capable of it
and today, faced with the choice between old-fashioned
slip-hemming and a self-tutorial/experimenting, I chose the latter.
Optimistic but sadly naive - several wasted pieces of fabric
later, I gave in, muttering, and unearthed the manual.
Later I found a video tutorial here. Bah.
*Note: I sewed for an hour today but of course the dresses
were begun two days earlier. I hardly ever start and finish anything
on the same day anymore. Except maybe eating.