IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN THE FILES ON YOUR REMOTE DEVICES!!!!! This means ipods, iphones, ipads and smart remote devices. If you are not sure if your remote devices have file-saving capacities, do not access the email links from them. Wait till you get home to access them on your desktops where you can safely save them. Read the instructions below.
- These are instant pdf patterns. This means that when your payment is received, an email containing a download link will immediately be sent to your email inbox. When you are ready to download the pattern, click on the link and save the file to your computer before opening it. This way you can always retrieve it later. Do NOT click on the link (not even to check that it works) until you are at the terminal where you want the file to go and be saved. There is no expiration date on the link, but it it will only work once. This is to prevent fraudulent downloads. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folder. Or, if you used a different email address in the transaction, check the inbox for that email address- the download link will be sent to the email address you supplied in your purchase.
- In the past, some buyers have misunderstood that these are paper patterns, and have waited an unnecessarily long time for something to be delivered to them in the post, before contacting me. We have usually had a good laugh about this after everything, but to save yourself the trouble and stress, please be reminded (again) that these are pdf patterns. They will come to you INSTANTLY as a download-able ELECTRONIC document that you will print out yourself on your computer.
- As these are not paper patterns, you will need the appropriate software and hardware to download and read them: Adobe Reader (or Preview on the iMac) or similar, as well as a printer to print out the templates and individual instructional pages, if desired. Download Adobe for free here.
- The downloads seem to work best with Firefox, Google Chrome and some versions of Safari. If possible, please avoid using Internet Explorer because of its history of being unstable and even crashing. If you fall victim to IE's sabotage (or encounter any other download problems), please contact me and we will find a way to get the pattern to you one way or the other!
- Very detailed instructions and color photographs are included in all my patterns, so that you can learn new techniques even while working to finish the project. In spite of this, I would recommend that you possess at least intermediate sewing skills for most of these projects. I have included a brief summary of the specific skills needed in order to be comfortable working with each pattern.
- At present, I am not selling commercial licenses for these patterns. This means that the items made from these patterns are only for personal use and for gifts, and not for sale for profit. If you would like to make and sell them for fund-raising for charity, please contact me. I'll almost always say yes, but it is nice to be asked.
- If you would like more information, background or photographs on the individual projects before buying them, please click on the links below, which will take you to their original posts. The prices listed are in USD.
Be able to sew straight and curved seams.
The pattern includes templates
and instructions to make
18 different stuffed animals
from one base template.
Read the story here.
Buy the pattern $24.
Fairytale Doll Set Pattern
Be able to sew straight and curved seams,
edge-stitch and attach bias binding.
Experience with installing a zipper,
making straps and constructing a pleat
is useful but not necessary; the pattern
includes instructions on all three and links
to free tutorials for even more help. The
pattern includes templates for the Basic Doll
and the Basic Dress but not the instructions -
these can be found (free!) here and here,
along with doll-making tips and techniques.
Read the story here and here.
Buy the pattern $18.
|Bella Bag Pattern|
Be able to sew straight and curved seams,
attach straight edges to curved edges
and topstitch. Detailed instructions included
to make and attach piping,
and construct lapped zippered pocket
and zippered welt pocket.
Read the story
here, here and here.
Buy the pattern $12
|Lunch Bucket Pattern|
Be able to sew straight and curved seams and
attach straight edges to curved edges,
make buttonholes, attach binding and topstitch.
Detailed instructions on making
and attaching piping included.
Read the story.
Buy the pattern $10.