Finally, finally got down to making some fabric labels.
These will no doubt come in very useful for advertising
and marketing when the day eventually comes to sell the
stuff I make. But you'll laugh when I tell you the real
motivation for getting them done! It's those shorts I sew
for the girls - they can't tell the front from the back and
are forever asking me if they've worn them right. I guess
they've been trained to recognize the backs of lower
garments by the store labels usually sewn in the seam or
tucked under the waistband, but mum's shorts.... well,
talk about taking independent dressing several steps back.
So this summer's shorts will leave no room for doubt -
they should bring the same level of developmental
security as those from Target!
But back to the labels themselves - there are several
tutorials out there for making them and I used this one.
Very easy. As a related project, I also finally made some
handwriting fonts here for the labels. Which means I can
now also type letters to friends and pretend I wrote them!
Which I actually did..... actually..... Hmm.