First, a quick photo-less update on what's been messing up my sewing room recently:
- Jenna's birthday present - finished two weeks ago and all blue. If you liked that Princess Pavilion Tent, you'll probably like this too (plus it's all blue, did I mention that yet?). Photos later.
- Embellishments for Jenna's birthday present - a lot of hand-sewing, so taking a while.
- Emily's fairy Halloween costume - finished.
- Jenna's princess Halloween costume - almost finished.
- Kate's un-chicken Halloween costume - eeek! Still nowhere in sight.
I've received comments and email from some of you who are making and who have made Christmas presents and dress-up outfits from tutorials you've found here. I can't tell you how big a smile that puts on my face! First, that the instructions are helping you dress some little kids up fancy for the holidays, and second, that the instructions work at all! Hooray! Thank you for thanking me! And thank you for sharing your own stories!
I've also received requests and inquiries about things on the blog that some of you are interested in making for Christmas, like those jam tarts. I of course want to make a thousand things and patterns and tutorials for the whole world but we have only so much time. So to help me prioritize a bit, I've made a short list here of patterns and whatnot to make available in time for Christmas making, based on what people have asked about. Also some new things to expect that no one has asked about, because no one has er, seen them yet:
1 The katybag (out early Nov)
2 The felt peg doll
3 The round craft bag
5 The weird doll
If anyone has any other requests, please leave a comment to say so, OK? I can't promise anything, but it will help me prioritize at least.
Last note on katybags: sorry I haven't put the ready-made ones in the shop yet. We've had a crazy week. And I've succumbed to whatever germ the kids have! Drat. Mutter mutter mutter mutter. I'll get to them as soon as Halloween is over.