Here is a project Emily did all by herself. I didn't even know she was working on it, until it was finished. My first thought when I saw it was, "Hey...... I hope that wasn't one of the boxes I was saving..... no, I think it looks like it came from the surplus pile. Phew." Then, newly reassured, I took a closer look to figure out what it was.
It's a cardboard stage for Barbies. It is a cardboard box, with a staircase on one side. Simple and very effective.
I am very impressed with her staircase. She used her low-temperature glue gun to make it.
And she even remembered the under-support so the whole thing doesn't cave in under the weight of Barbies, rake-thin though they may be.
Unrelated, I made a super-simple treasure chest for Jenna.
Jenna is planning an elaborate Mother's Day treasure hunt, and asked for a wooden chest she saw in Michaels. I was too lazy to drive out and buy what would essentially be my own present (funny), so I made her one instead. Still funny, but at least this one was free.
Here are some extra photos of the construction details.
Later, Jenna and Kate painted it.
Much later, I discovered what really counts as "treasure" to small children :)