- Deliciously sharp straight pins which magically become harmlessly blunt after being poked through fabric.
- A Clothmobile service in my neighborhood. Like bookmobiles, but stocked with fabric, notions, trims, zippers, and thread. For inclement weather and people who are shut in with small children and don't feel up to packing everyone into the car just to buy a zipper. Also for people with the flu, because of course they will be too sick to cook but not to sick to sew. No one is ever too sick to sew.
- One of them Time-Turners from Hogwarts. It is my only hope for finishing anything in time for Christmas.
- The Felix Felicis potion from the Hogwarts labs (or the wizarding black market - I'm not picky). For when I need to develop new patterns.
- A shape-shifting sewing machine foot that morphs into an applique foot, a piping foot, a bias binding foot, a two-sided zipper foot and a Small Corners Inside Bags With Seven Layers Of Nylon foot. Morphs by reading my mind and pre-empting my needs 7 stitches in advance.
- Seam-Ripper Wand. Point at sewing disaster and flick wrist while saying, "Gross and ick -quick unpick!" with instant results and no holes left in fabric.
- Chameleon thread that assumes the color of the fabric it is touching. Also changes thickness according to the fabric it is touching. Its chameleon effect can be overridden by my mind when needed e.g. contrasting top-stitching. Auto, yet manual. Killer combination.
- Magical camera chip implanted in my forehead that takes photos as I sew, and automatically photo-edits to give perfect lighting and remove background debris. Downloads directly into computer by the power of thought.
- Photo-editing software that responds to voice commands. And has Smart Edit feature, which edits similar batches of photos the same way, or suggests (politely) how to improve quality of photos. Has Fast-HDR feature also.
- Teleporter. So many uses. No further elaboration needed.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
All I Want For Christmas
Behold - my Christmas Wish List: